One of the hardest things to do is stick to a healthy diet especially when temptation is literally everywhere!!! But you have to remind yourself of why you’re doing it. You have to have a reason.
When I don’t have a goal (or sometimes even when I do have a goal) I find thoughts creeping into my mind like, “what am I doing this for?” or I’m never going to look like ____”. Besides, I don’t have anything to prove to anyone; no one really gives a shit if I’m having dinner out of a Tupperware container or at a fast food joint. When I open the refrigerator and see a roll of cookie dough, I want to just say screw it and eat it. When I feel so tired and don’t feel like going to the gym, I truly just want to have the softest worn in part of my couch latch onto me just so I can just watch my favorite show.
But I put together a list of my “Top Ten Reasons” to help get me off my ass to the gym or choose a better cookie…oh…oops…uh…I mean….
Look these are just reasons, I slip and fall every now and then regardless…what can I say, I’m only human.
A human cookie monster at times even…Anyway, here they are:
Top ten reasons to stick to your Exercise/Diet plan:
1. You spend all kinds of money on lotions, nails, makeup, hair etc. Why not treat your insides to a makeover as well? Why treat your insides like shit?
2. Less medical expenses.
3. Your body is an investment; it is your house. You fix up your house when something is broken, don’t you? You wouldn’t want someone to draw all over your walls, stain your carpet, spray paint your house etc.
4. Your mind and body need energy to function. You already have too much stress with work, family, and just life. Eat sensibly to counteract the stress that you feel. A proper diet full of nutrients as opposed to a diet void of nutrients acts as your very own ammunition rather than a terrorist.
5. Every bit of exercise makes you stronger, which will lead to a more independent life for a longer period of time.
6. Who are you fooling? Put the junk down, you won’t be able to eat “good” for the next 3 days to “make up for what you’re about to eat now.” Life happens. Shit happens. And always unexpectedly.
7. Yes, I know you worked all day and had a hard day. But skipping that workout is only going to make your next day long and hard also. Exercise releases endorphins and you’ll come out of it feeling like a bad ass.
8. You will look sexy as all hell.
9. Because you’re tired of avoiding the mirror.
10. You’re tired of owning a scale
Oh and just for good measure:
11. You’re tired of counting calories.
Seriously, do you ever stop to realize how funny it is that we actually take the time to count calories of everything. Some days, for instance, I’ll start off eating really well, but then that little voice of protest in the back of my mind starts churning, and making all kinds of demands, it usually gets so loud that it starts making my body feel like it’s screaming. It’s equivalent to a two-year-old throwing a temper tantrum in the middle of the candy aisle and then peeing in their pants for further protest. So yea, I usually just stop counting calories and anything else for that matter because when I go in; I might as well go all in.
If you can think of anything else to add to this list, add them in the comments section!